Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from SE London!

Sepharus

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took the plunge! Bought a Skywatcher 200p eq5 from first light optics and now I'm excited! Wonder how long it will be before the weather clears up and I can actually use it...

Nice scope, welcome to SGL, the London skies can be quite frustrating for deep sky objects, but with a good light polution filter or UHC filter one can get some decent images. There should be no issues with the planets, Jupiter rising in the east in the late evening (avoiding the glow from the centre) should be great for you.

Nice scope, welcome to SGL, the London skies can be quite frustrating for deep sky objects, but with a good light polution filter or UHC filter one can get some decent images. There should be no issues with the planets, Jupiter rising in the east in the late evening (avoiding the glow from the centre) should be great for you.

I'm not expecting much from my back garden since there is a sports ground who have a habit of leaving their flood lights on all night just a few hundred feet away, but I have looked up a few sites in Kent I can get to fairly easily. A friend of mine has a few acres of farm near Biddenden which is a good place, as long as the cows leave me alone!

I'm not expecting much from my back garden since there is a sports ground who have a habit of leaving their flood lights on all night just a few hundred feet away, but I have looked up a few sites in Kent I can get to fairly easily. A friend of mine has a few acres of farm near Biddenden which is a good place, as long as the cows leave me alone!

Always better to get to a dark(er) sky site.

Archived