Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observation Sites and Groups

wilkie

Hi All,

I’m new to this addictive and great hobby and wondered if there is anyone out there who can give me tips on getting the best out of my SkyMax 127 together with the SynScan AZ GOTO 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain mount and also if you can guide me to a good area for viewing as i live in Toddington, Bedfordshire.

I’m still very much an amateur but as i used to have a Skyhawk 1145 (which now lives with my folks in Portugal) which was a great starter scope i want a little bit more from my scope. And the only way to do that is get out there.

I’m also hoping to get a bit more into the astrophotography side of things.... but this may take time, any novice advise would be welcome.

Hope to hear from anyone with a Skymax 127 or someone in the Toddington area.

Sorry but I don't have a Skymax or live in the Toddington area.

However, I do have a Newt, baby refractor, SCT and l iive in Hertfordshire.

Welcome aboard!

Seeing as the skymax is a type of cassegrain I might be able to pass on some tips. Have you tried any modifications and what eye pieces are you using?

Archived