EQ5 motor power options/conversion

ChrisThePuma

Hi

I have just fitted motors to my EQ5 mount and it is now great to not have to chase targets over the sky as the Earth spins around. The motor drives are battery powered, but i am sure i saw an article (on here or maybe astronomy shed) that had a tutorial on converting it from batteries to another power source (or it may have been another battery powered device - i cant really remember)

Does anyone know if this can be done, and if so is there a thread anywhere - i have searched both sites and cant find anything that covers this.

Thanks

Chris

The EQ3-2 motor drive system is all but identical. I just found an old wall-wart that produced the correct voltage and could supply enough current and then fitted the correct size plug to it to fit the socket for the battery pack. Pretty much the same as buying the Maplins PSU, but without buying one :)

James

Archived