Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Portable imaging mount for a WO FLT110

chouet

I'm considering getting a more portable mount for trips away to Kelling, etc. so that I don't have to disturb the NEQ6 in my obsy. I've thought about the Astrotrac, but the travel kit is as expensive as an IEQ45. I also have doubts whether it would manage the FLT110 and camera.

What should I consider for a good (but occasional) imaging setup?

Are you planning to put your full rig on it? Yout FLT110, camera, guider, ect? If its light enough you could try a second hand HEQ5 or EQ5. Could go cheaper and not bother with it being GOTO. But the HEQ5 could handle the weight and EQ5 I dont think would complain that much if any.

May be you can consider a Vixen GP2/GP or GPD2/GPDX. There quality is better than the Chinese clones and are relatively light. The GPDX has a quoted imaging load of 10kg and cost around £500 used with SS2K GOTO. You can also install EQ5's Synscan GOTO motors on it if you want to use it with EQMOD.

Thanks all

HEQ5 is looking favourite. If I got a Sintrek, could I use the Synscan controller from my NEQ6?

Yes! I did exactly that. The only difference is the connector, but a short piece of Cat5 cable will do the job.

Helen

Archived