NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade DSI Pro 2 Problem, please help

red dwalf

morning all,

i`ve had a Meade DSI Pro 2 mono camera for a while and was getting on with it well, but at the Kelling star party a few weeks ago it decided to play up big style.

when i plug the camera into the usb port and start up envisage software, the camera operates for around 10-15 seconds before it shows just a black dark screen and i`m unable to view anything at all, will not even show white light when i point the ccd at a light source.

i`ve tried updating the drivers and so on with no luck, has anyone had any simular problems using these cameras ?

any and all help welcome as i`d really started to get the hang of using this camera and was hoping for some better images at Kelling.

many thanks

Rob

Might be worth eliminating a problem with the USB cable by swapping it for a different one? How long a USB cable do you use? My DSI1 had problems when I tried to use more than one USB repeater cable.

Already tried that one thanks, I cut everything out of the loop except the camera, a good short usb cable and the pc so its got to be the camera.

Shame - was hoping it might be that simple!

Clutching at straws, but have you tried using the camera with software other than Envisage, such as PHD Guiding? Not sure if this will eliminate much as if I recall, PHD still uses the Meade drivers. If that doesn't work perhaps a re-install of the software or try the software on another PC if you have one available?

My DSI problems were usually as a result of a dodgy usb connection between the cable and the port on the camera... I often had to clean the contacts on the connector usign contact cleaner and a cotton bud and used to hold the cable in place using a collar of blutack...

The colour version I use are power hungry so any extra resistance inthe connection leads used to cause all sorts of problems...

Peter...

Archived