Planets: move up from a SPC900 to what?

kirkster501

^^^

Not sure when I will do this but interested in opinions. I read that even advanced dudes like Damian Peech still use webcams for their brilliant pictures but they are not the ones modded from PC use.

Interested in what max quality the SPC900 is capable of too if anyone wants to share?

Steve

I think that partly depends on what aperture you have to work with. If, as with your CPC1100 you have plenty, you can potentially go down to smaller pixel sizes and still retain the sensitivity because you can provide enough light to make it work (or increase the image size with a barlow/powermate, or both). At smaller apertures I think the sensitivity and resolution of the SPC900 are probably quite sufficient.

The real killer for the SPC900 is that it can't support any useful frame rate at 640x480 without compression because it's only USB1.

James

Archived