NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Inward focus problem

I bought a twist lock adapter at kelling but unfortunately I can't get enough inward focus travel to use it with my WO zoom, the 2 inch adapter that came with the skyliner 200 is too long, does anyone know of a shorter replacement I can use instead? Also tried using it without the 2 inch adapter but that doesn't work either.

I had the exact same problem when I switched to better collimation bolts on my 10" Lightbridge. The new bolts were shorter than the old ones (not original) and thus moved my primary mirror back a few mm. This gave me focusing problems with some eyepieces. I managed to solve it by getting this, which turned out to be just the right length:

http://agenaastro.com/blue-fireball-2-1-25-high-profile-eyepiece-adapter.html

I bought a twist lock adapter at kelling but unfortunately I can't get enough inward focus travel to use it with my WO zoom, the 2 inch adapter that came with the skyliner 200 is too long, does anyone know of a shorter replacement I can use instead? Also tried using it without the 2 inch adapter but that doesn't work either.

I think it's inward focus jabberwocky is short of so an extension tube might make it worse?

any chance you could upload a pic of how you'd set up?

are you using the clicklock as a 2-1.25" adapter?

it susprises me that the 2" and 1.25" heights are far apart. surely they are about the same and therefore the 2" and clicklock should be almost the same as the 1.25" in terms of relationship to the focusing point? maybe I am not understanding what you mean.

I won't offer my sollution but when I fitted a new W.O focuser to my old refractor I had to resort to cutting the tube to otain focus.

I am sure others know of a better sollution and my sollution was an absolute last resort for me.

Good luck!

The twist lock adds just too much length to the adapter to allow my zoom to focus, so the solution is a shorter 2 inch adapter, I just can't find one. I tried it with the twist lock straight into the focuser but that doesn't work either.

Ok, I misunderstood you earlier, please disregard my previous reply. When you say "2 inch adapter" I assume you mean 2 inch extension tube? If that is so, what you could do is try it without the 2 inch extension tube but just not slide the twist lock all the way into the focuser, clamping it down about a half-inch before the bottom. It is not ideal, I know, but it may be the only solution. When I was having the problems I described earlier I also looked for a shorter 2 inch extension tube than the one I had but could not find any. The shortest I could find was 35 mm, and that was far too long. The Fireball 2" - 1.25" adapter that I mentioned was just the right length in itself, so I could use it without the 2 inch extention tube.

Archived