Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just back from Kelling....

daz

Teriffic bunch of pictures David - sorry we missed you this time round - hope to catch you next autumn :)

Thanks Kim - sorry I missed you bud - I did look for you and a couple of others but figured you heard my nasally american accent and were hiding! har har!

Glad to hear you had fun - might try to make it in April but I'm definitely booked in Septembo next year

David

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also had a fantastic (first time) at Kelling.

I and a observing colleague managed to do more observing whilst we were there. Than we've done all year. We arrived on Thursday PM. And left during the late morning on the following Monday.

As for the skies. They were fantastic.

I was imaging together with t'other Paul. But also using the Mk1 eyeball.

On Friday and Saturday night's I found, NGC7293.

Armed with 7x50 and 15x70 binoculars the Helix looked like a faint ghost, about the size of the full Moon. This is one planetary which I have been after for years, but never seen from light polluted Cheshire or even the Derbyshire Peak District. This must show, how dark those Kelling skies are.

I'll try to replicate this observation again during next week-ends PSPII.

Next year we are staying on Red T355 The horizon is better, so with luck. It should allow both off us to image, the Northern Hemisphere's biggest and brightest planetary nebula.

The rest of the week-end we spent walking around and looking at all the various pieces of equipment. It was good to meet up with so,e familiar people and say hello to some new faces.

I'll keep going back to Kelling from now on :smiley:

Archived