Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aurora flat field panel

Hi all,

Just received my new flat field panel from GN. Looks good, the wire I expect will break at some point in the future, im wrapping it in tape to stop it flexing!

I have just one question! I'm trying not to be dense but how do I power it? It came with a 12v inverter and I was expecting a cigar type 12v plug..nope, I got these red and black plugs instead??

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks for the quick reply!

I would like to use it with the power tank I use for my mount for simplicity so I think I need to find a cigar plug adaptor. Do you know whether the type of adapter I need has a name so I can find one easier? What type of plugs do I have now? I've never seen then before and I can't even imagine where you could plug them in??!

Ok just been having a think, I've got my old power cable for my mount so I'm going to transplant the cigar plug to the flat panel.

The wires come right out of the black and red plugs so am I right in thinking I just need to solder the two wires to the cigar plug?

My only problem is both the wires currently in the cigar plug are both black! I don't know where to put the new red and black wires?

They are banana plugs. So you need 12V Cigar/Cigarette to Banana Plugs. You will also need a female to female coupler to connect the two sets of male banana plugs. I did a quick Google and couldn't find anything I'm afraid. Maybe send FLO a message to see if they have something?

Can you not just do it to the old power cable rather than dismantle the plug? I think the plug tip is positive if that helps but please take any of my advice re electrickery at your own risk, I'm only as clued up as you and I would be asking the same questions. Someone with knowledge hopefully will answer soon :grin:

Haha ok noted, I'm no electrician either but this seems to simple to pass up. I dismantled the plug already buy its easy to put back together, at the other end is the plug that goes into the mount so that's no use, I could cut it off I suppose and solder wire to wire.

Thanks again for your help!

Archived