Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT Camera Control Problems

AndrewG

I have been using APT to automate image capture using my EOS 5D Mark II however have recently found that it will only take 5 second exposures when the exposures are set to over 30 seconds; the camera is in Bulb mode and works with the EOS software ( with the EOS software I have to manually click on the end capture button, hence have to sit with laptop watching the second counter :sad: ).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Yoddha,

Thanks for the info, have spent a few hours messin around and found the problem was with the device driver, so reinstalled and now APT works :smiley: .

Have also downloaded a trial of SGP, have you any experience as this wants the camera in M mode hence during a long exposure you can hear the shutter closing every 30 sec? The file is saved as sequenced for instance 200 sec but when opened in Canon software the info details a 30 second exposure :confused: .

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Andy,

I'm happy that the problem is resolved :)

I don't know what is SGP, but extrapolating my knowledge there reason is that in M mode the camera can make only up to 30s exposures. It requires B mode in order to make more. APT on other hand requires B for all exposures over 1s in order to fill the gaps in the exposure times of the pre-set values like 7s, 9s 11s and so on...

Hi,

"SGP" stands for Sequence Generator Pro; I wanted to give it a go prior to purchasing either it or APT. With the camera in bulb it gives the warning message that the camera needs to be in manual (M) and does not run or connect unless in M mode. Having set it for instance to a 90 sec exposure you can here the shutter every 30 secs but the file is still named as 90 sec but checking the file in properties shows it as a 30 sec exposure? :confused:

Will post a separate thread to see if anyone knows why, thanks for your help anyway. :smile:

Archived