Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

waiting for the stars

mister brot

well last night just didn't go to good :embarassed: had the scope out 3 hours before polaris showed itself....that went good.and clear skys......2nd, aligning took a while , something felt wrong and kept having problems centering...then seen that one screw to hold finder scope was loose,arrgg. then seen that I had placed tube in the wrong direction on mount (had scope and mount disassembled two days ago and oiled and cleaned everything)so had to re-ajust (balance) everything....did I say that I couldn't find my red flashlight anywhere...so now it was about 9 pm..finally got everything balanced and struggling to get centered...(fS not centered)trial and error and finally got aligned and ready to start looking through scope..and then to my horror as I settled in and looked into EP there shined a bright light in my eye, looked up and didn't see where it was coming from :huh: slowly put my eye back by EP and averted my view up to see where light was coming from... I set up behind my cherry tree so the street light would be behind it but wouldn't you know it there was one spot in middle of the tree where there where no leaves...yep....exactly where the EP was argggg!! Decided I would try and just pick up scope staying stright and take one step to the left and set scope down... so I thought.....took one step to the left right into rose bush and almost fell mount and all :Envy::angry4: at this time it was about I would say 9:20 pm...and then thought the heck with alignment I would just use low to med, power and just scan around a little..... :eek: getting chilly out side need to go get a jacket....there goes my night vision....decided something to drink would not be bad.....so hold on, here comes the big finish....went to the ahhh little boys room, found my red light, put something in my belly, got a jacket and put it on so I would be warm, made me a cup of coffee and while doing this keeping my eys almost all the way closed......went out side sipped on coffee a little while.......placed cup on table and looked through ep :huh: could not see anything :huh: looked up in the sky and was horrified :icon_evil::BangHead::icon_sad: clouds, clouds.clouds......does this happen often? don't know if I could handle it...

Archived