Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cigar type to mains

Tommy B

Evening all,

Just a quick question, I have an Aurora flatfield panel for taking flat frames which has a Cigar type connector. Can anyone suggest a good adapter/power supply so that I can run it from the mains 240v power.

Thanks.

The plug adaptors are convenient but do not allow much current to be drawn before they overload.

Slightly better are mains to 12v adaptors that you can get in places like halfords. Not sure what the correct name is and I am pretty sure they will cost less elsewhere. I bought one to poser goto's from mains.

But be careful. Gerd Neumann writes..

Please use the Aurora Flatfield Panels with the supplied matching inverter only. Connecting a panel to an inverter of the wrong size reduces the lifetime of the unit. There are 12V inverters for all sizes of Aurora Flatfield Panels and for the large size units there are also 110/230V inverters available

But be careful. Gerd Neumann writes..

Please use the Aurora Flatfield Panels with the supplied matching inverter only. Connecting a panel to an inverter of the wrong size reduces the lifetime of the unit. There are 12V inverters for all sizes of Aurora Flatfield Panels and for the large size units there are also 110/230V inverters available

I have the correct inverter, all I need is a mains to cigar socket 12v adapter to plug the inverter into........right?

Archived