NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

25mm BST, what's the beef?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the bsts I use an 18mm alot and having used cotterless's 25mm both are superb. I seemed to have collected alot of 25 and 26mm eyepieces in my case and the one that drops in the most is a simple 25mm TAL plossl, the coating for some reason seem better than others plossls particularly helping the view in the smaller scopes. The only down side to the bst is in my refractor, its higher number of elements seems to darken the image a little. That said I'm being a little picky. My hunting eyepiece is a 2inch 43mm cheapy revelation from telescopehouse £37 or so. At 65 degree its wide enough and even in my oo f4.8 holds up well to the edges.

Yeah, there are some bargains out there for sure but most people, me included, see the cheap price and just assume it'll be naff.

Thankfully we have Alan who let's you try before you commit otherwise I wouldn't have risked it.

Do flo do a similar scheme?

Archived