Lost on which planetary EP's?!?!?!

Hi, been looking at a planetary ep focal length between 15 - 8mm for a 10" dobsonian F4.7 1200mm and really not sure what to go with. My budget is around £100. Looked at the TV plossl 8 mm, i hear its good but i am put off by its short eye relief. Obviously great contrast and sharpness is my priority for a planetary ep but really overwhelmed but the choices! Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mmm where to start with planetary eyepieces, some people swear by Baader Genuine Ortho's never tried them myself but eye relief may be a bit tight with these too. T.M.B Planetary's also get good feedback, William Optics SPL, Celestron x-cel lx, the list is endless really. I suppose doing a bit of research before parting with your money is the way to go. I always find the Eyepiece Discussions section a great help on here. My personal favourite planetary eyepieces are my BST Starguider 8mm (£47) and my Televue Radian 10mm (£100) used.

Somebody with much more experience will probably advise better, I have tried many and the BST and TV come out tops for me.

Archived