NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tunnel vision

Scott

Just come in from a bit of viewing where i found m26 and ngc6281 so i decided to have a look for m71 in sagitta. found a nice star nearby so decided to start there. ended up being albireo which was a pleasent surprise as its the first time i've had a look and the contrast in colour was stunning. headed up (south)and found a nice clump of stars nr sagitta to use as a starting point which turned out to be the coat hanger (ngc6802?) another nice surprise. anyway, i headed into the right area (absolutley certain as the stars matched stellarium) but couldn't see m71. while in the area i decided to have a look for m27 (again no joy but pretty sure i was in the right area)Also had a look for m56 with no luck. i think there was just too much thin cloud up high but still had a very enjoyable couple of hrs.

Thankyou for letting me bore you

Scott

Did you manage to preserve your night vision?

M27 is quite big and quite bright but when viewing the other week I was really surprised how it just emerged seemingly from nothing as my eyes became dark adapted...

yeah its a nice dark corner of the garden where i'm staying, i did notice however that even the brighter stars were beginning to dim so i'm fairly sure it was jusy thin cloud up high.i'm hoping to get out of town this weekend so maybe i'll have more luck.

Scott

Archived