uhc 1.25 filter. good deal ?

i read a review on the kson filters recently and the threads seem to have an issue,the guy who wrote the review said he had trouble getting it to screw into various accessories.

heres his conclusion of the review.

Conclusion

The thread mismatch problem is the big drawback with this filter. It definitely improves the views of emission nebulae both in terms of detail and amount of nebula visible, when used in anything but my Zhumell 16, the filter hangs off the end of the lens and I worry it’s going to drop off.

Would I purchase more Kson brand filters? Probably not, unless it was REALLY cheap

Kson was a new company two years ago, I think their products are average to be honest, I bought a set of 4 orthos and am not terribly impressed. Their telescopes are a bit shoddy too. For a UHC filter I would recommend the SW from FLO: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/skywatcher-uhc-filter.html

A bit more expensive but you get what you pay for in my view.

Archived