NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Crescent - Slightly Wider FOV

Interested

Only 10 x 5 minute captures, darks, no flats. Taken with the 383. Have added some false colour, but apart from that, little other processing (I'm still learning that side of this hobby!). Seem to be experiencing the same high-level thin cloud in Bristol that others seem to be getting elsewhere.

Retiring next year and hoping to get the opportunity to move to a place with darker skies :smiley: .

All the best,

Pete

post-12346-0-36314000-1347220650_thumb.j

Very nice indeed :)

Thanks Gina. I didn't really think it was good enough to post given some of the images seen on the forum. I posted because I think the various images show people what they can do with different equipments/processing tools and various amounts of imaging time. If that helps people in making intelligent decisions when buying equipment/upgrading, then it is worth posting the images on the forum.

Pete

Thanks Gina. I didn't really think it was good enough to post given some of the images seen on the forum. I posted because I think the various images show people what they can do with different equipments/processing tools and various amounts of imaging time. If that helps people in making intelligent decisions when buying equipment/upgrading, then it is worth posting the images on the forum.

Pete

That's a good point :) I think your image was well worth posting and better than many others but I think people should post images whenever they can - they don't have to be very good and posters will get helpful advice on how to improve their techniques :)

I was always anxious posting, but this site is fantastic for the help and advice people give you.

That's a great start on the crescent for 50mins worth of data, that's the Ha filter right ?

I love seeing the crescent in context in wider shots like this and some of the mosaics that have been posted here.

You could have a play with some gentle processing to tease out the detail in the nebula, but some more data will really help there.

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the comments.

Yes it was the Ha filter .Next time out I will take some O_III & S-II - to add to the Ha. I think it will give a better result than RGB. I did try a few RGB exposures but (especially on the 'B'), very little was showing through!.

I was trying out an OAG on the night so spent quite a bit of time getting the focus right on that (many changes of extension pieces!).

I also like seeing some of the wider views posted - they will influence how I frame some of my images in the future.

Regards,

Pete

Archived