Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mesu 200, three month review

ampleamp

The Mesu 200 was never intended to be used unguided (although it does a pretty good job on its own in comparison with many other mounts!) so I don't recommend using it without guiding as to do so will not release its full potential.

I use 3 second guiding with MaxIM DL and this seems to work very well for me irrespective of whether I use an OAG or a finder-guider with my Lodestar guide camera. The Sitech controller/driving software is incredibly powerful and its ASCOM interface makes it very versatile.

The question of EQMod comes up again and again - EQMod is simply a (very good) ASCOM interface that allows a disparate range of programs to interact with a Sky-Watcher GoTo mount and it transforms such mounts. However, if you are used to using EQMod, the transition to a Mesu is almost seamless as you continue to use all your existing software and practices, the only difference (apart from the physical mount, of course) is the actual interface which, once set up for the first time, just runs in the background unless you want to change an operational parameter.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived