Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Princess of Barsoom & Encyclopedia of Universe

mor aase

You have seen the film ?

Phobos and Deimos, what was really wrong in the presentation of them - they were the cornerstone of the city of Helium :)

Since the moons of Mars were discovered as recent as 1877, did this discovery inspirere the author? And what did he call them?

This encyclopedia by Martin Rees. Is it recomendable for a novice like me?

I have read some of it, just now in Black Hole section, very fascinating, and easy to read for us foreigners!

Re: black hole -- the Pillars of Creation could we see such a feature with our scopes, or was it "just" a lucky moment from a Hubble download??

I've been lucky enough to spend time with Martin Rees. A collosal intellect and a very, very nice man to boot.

I also find his writing style to be very accessible... Six Numbers is a great book...

Amateur astrophotographers can catch the Pillars - check out the deep sky imaging section - but I think you'd need a very large scope to see them visually (but I'm an imager so wouldn't know)

Archived