Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Experimenting with imaging

cstew

I have a Skywatcher 130m telescope on a eq2 mount, not the greatest mount or scope for imaging I know! But I'd like to at least toy with taking a few pics, most likely of the moon as it's a much easier target with a non tracking mount.

I have a canon EOS 1D and a Sony A200 to use, I've found the correct T ring adaptors on eBay for £40 each, they come with a 2x barlow lens. Would these adaptors be a good choice, or should I go for a T ring and a prime focus adaptor, which says it is specifically for skywatcher scopes with direct SLR connection.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A 2x barlow will quadruple your exposure time so if you find you need one I might think again about throwing too much money at the project. Unguided and on an inadequate mount your only friend is short exposure.

Olly

Cool, if I don't have any luck with just the T-ring I'll try the prime focus adaptor, as they are both cheap, then if I'm still failing I'll swear a bit and then start saving for a decent mount!

Archived