NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Have your say on plans to reduce street lighting in East Sussex

laser_jock99

Published on Wednesday 29 August 2012 09:00

PLANS are in the pipeline to save money by reducing the hours when Lewes has street lighting.

It’s part of a county-wide scheme and the next in a series of events seeking local opinion is taking place in the town next week.

East Sussex County Council is turning off some street lights, reducing the number of lights working in some residential streets and dimming lights on main roads across the county. These changes will only affect street lighting between midnight and the early hours.

The council will also be replacing some existing lights with lower wattage, more energy efficient lights.

It is keen for the public to comment on the changes so is holding events across the county where people will be able to see detailed maps of their area.

http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/yourcouncil/consultation/2012/streetlighting/lewes.htm

It’s part of a county-wide scheme and the next in a series of events seeking local opinion is taking place in the town next week.

Isn't the key phrase here: seeking local opinion.

Which part of East Sussex is - Location: Powys/Warwickshire ?

If people wanting to maintain lights read this then they could argue that the majority or fair proportion of people against maintaining the present level of lights have nothing to do with East Sussex and so have the light reduction scheme thrown out.

You may not be helping by posting this.

If people wanting to maintain lights read this then they could argue that the majority or fair proportion of people against maintaining the present level of lights have nothing to do with East Sussex and so have the light reduction scheme thrown out.

Any East Sussex members of SGL not previously aware of the consulation might like respond?

I'm sure there a plenty of East Sussex members who if they see this will be happy for the heads up.

He is helping by posting this because if nobody else did then it may not of been seen.

Me for one I didn't know about it but I do now and I'v submitted my comments so come on are there any more E,Sussex members going to do the same

Not a helpful post.

I really dont think that people opposed to turning off lighting will frequent a Astronomy Forum to gain a "Heads Up" :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: , but on the other hand there may be some people who have a vested intrest in reducing the light polution who will benefit .......ie Astonomers !!!

Thanks to the OP for highlighting :)

Kai

(Location Devon , also not part of Sussex)

Archived