NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope shops in the NW

I'm in the Liverpool /Southport area. Can't help with any other shops I'm afraid.

In the last "few" years most of the camera shops that stocked Astronomy gear have closed. I like shopping in person. Even when shops were open they were reluctant to order things for you. The mantra was "It'd be cheaper on the internet y'know". Even when I'd offer to pay in advance, wait til they put their next order in or offer to pay for delivery they'd still: "eeerm well..."

I know Astro stuff is quite specialized but I do miss proper shopping. Mouse clicking and mail order isn't much fun but I think it may be the only option :(

Hi alex, exactly the same here! I like to walk in to the shop and pay cash over the counter i also like the idea of paying and taking home what ive paid for there and then if possible, altho im struggling to find a baader zoom today so it looks like il either have to get on to FLO or just check back with stockport telescopes on tuesday i believe he said. Opticstar in Sale do them at the cheapest price.

Archived