Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging Software

MartyB1973

Hi, Ive got new CCD camera and have hooked it up to the laptop via Skype to see the results. The image looks great and close. What software do I need to do the following,

Full screen viewing

Able to take long exposures or stack them together as I have it mounted to a goto telescope for tracking

Video whats on the screen as well

Thanks in advance :-)

M

I got it in a boot sale and have to admit I was surpised how good the pictures were looking at the moon through the clouds last night. Its approx 300x mag yet very clear as its a HD camera. the box has no markings on it so I dont know much about it. Any ideas of the software that uses the same input as web cams do?

"Registax" and "intuitive" aren't words you'll often see together in the same sentence :)

Sometimes Registax v5 works where v6 won't, and sometimes the other way around. I found a reasonable tutorial for v6 somewhere and I've mostly stuck to using that. v5 is mostly the same I think, but you have to select your own alignment points IIRC. I'll dig out the location of the tutorial.

James

Archived