Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Electronics advice

malc-c

Well, I'm afraid I have to admit that I bought a 13.8v PSU rather than building my own. Having spent over £900 on a mount I didn't feel that self confident :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm afraid I have to admit that I bought a 13.8v PSU rather than building my own. Having spent over £900 on a mount I didn't feel that self confident :D

my sentiment exactly...

Thank you all for your comments, I'll let you know how it pans out

Unit arrived yesterday. It was light so obviously its a switch mode supply as a transformer capable of 15 amps would be fairly heavy. It's slightly smaller than the Maplin unit it replaces, and has a thick plastic case rather than the metal case (well it's designed for use with RC battery chargers). The only downside is it has a fan that runs constantly, which at 2am will probably seem like a jet engine !

The amp meter readings are useful. With both heaters on, and slewing in two axis the max draw was 2.1 amps

Heh, heh. If you've looked at the innards of some cheap domestic power supplies :eek: , you may change your mind about the relative risks. :laugh:

Heh, heh. If you've looked at the innards of some cheap domestic power supplies :eek: , you may change your mind about the relative risks. :laugh:

Oh, I'm not using any of those! :D

Archived