Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sefton Council street lighting consultation-have your say.

Jake Bullit

Good luck, where I live there is a growing movement to have our lights switchedback on. All because of the "fear" of crime even though police statistics show a 28% drop during the hours they are switched off.

It would be good to collect all the statistics on road accident and crime for all these areas, I guess someone from the campaign foir dark skies is watching the reports from area as they introduce a lights off policy.

The motivation for most councils seems to be cost rather than environmental reasons, which is fair enough. However many councils in London have hardly bothered and dont even mention plans on their websites.

Good luck, where I live there is a growing movement to have our lights switchedback on. All because of the "fear" of crime even though police statistics show a 28% drop during the hours they are switched off.

The results from my area too show about a 25% - 28% drop in crime. Part lighting makes streets safer.

Is that controlled for time-of-day? Remarkable if it is.

Brilliant, I missed this. Thanks Jake.

I'm a resident of Sefton so will be chucking my 2p in.

Most of the issue seems to be about anti social behaviour. In my opinion scallywags like to see what they're doing while being anti social.

Alex

Archived