Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problems with my Canon 1000D

midjam

Hi,

I brought a used Canon 1000D as a complete photography noob and I may have brought myself a dud. I was playing around and took some night images and have noticied some strange looking cracks and blobs. I tried to do a auto sensor clean but, got an error so selected manual and took a look at the sensor. There seems to be a smudge on it, doesn't look like dust.

post-24741-0-35412700-1344464128_thumb.j

post-24741-0-92373700-1344464135_thumb.j

Has anyone come across anything like this and was it expensive to fix?

That looks like the sensor cover filter has been damaged rather than general dust specks. Either get a refund or go to a reliable camera shop and ask them to take a look at it

Getting an error when trying the auto clean doesn't sound good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Thanks, I tried to get a refund but, that is not going to happen! I had a go at cleaning it and managed to remove most of the grim however, the strange cracks are still there after doing some research it seems to be fungus.

I guess this is a prime candidate for modding provided it's fungus and will grow and get worse and it's just on the cover I will be removing.

Archived