Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob lining??

Paulus17

I have found two rolls of the self adhesive felt that i bought a few years ago,forgot i had em to be honest.

They are the dark green and dark blue colour.Will they be ok to line the dob with,or part of,as i think it needs three pieces and just buy another black coloured one?

If so which would be the best part of the tube to use the black,if any in particular??

I'd say get black. It's cheap enough. Take the EP holder out so you are looking into the tube where the EP would go. Anything that is reflecting light needs to be as black as possible. Here's what mine looked like half done so you can see the difference. You can also see why people black out the edge of the secondary:

6184941342_14370e12ed_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Remove secondary compete with veins and use permanent black marker very carefully around edges of mirror. This was a popular modification on the Astronomy Shed forum and you can see the videos there or on You Tube.

Whether it is worth it, please don't ask me.

Archived