when to buy???

hey all.

i haven't been on here for a few months (packed my scope away for the summer) ive just been looking around to familiarise myself with it all again and noticed that the bst explorer eyepieces have gone up by £10 since i was looking at them a few months back.

is this the price of them now or will they go down again? just wondering if i should hold off buying a couple or get them now?

thanks in advance people. im sooo looking forward to the dark nights again :D

Alan at Skies the Limit had to put the price up, as it was put up by the far east manufacturers of the eyepieces as far as I remember. You can still get the 25mm for £41 but all others have had a price rise. Still a great deal at £47 though I think. Also the name has changed from Explorer to Starguiders. Cant see the price going down again.

ok thanks alot for those replies.

i thought it must be a manufacturer thing with the name change and all.

yeah im thinking they are still going to be well worth it for £47.

was thinking of getting the 12 and 18. is the 25 worth getting or is my standard one ok for "spotting"

I think the best time to buy was last month when many retailers were running end of season clearance. I'd buy now, because the price is only go to go up. GBP and EUR are getting weaker and weaker, and RMB is getting stronger and stronger. It means prices of Chinese made product will get more and more expensive.

However, if you can wait, may be it will be a good idea to keep an eye on the used market. Buying used is the cheapest way to go.

I agree, I think prices will go up come the winter season. The BST Explorers/StarGuiders are still one of the best quality out there at £47 each, and yes, the 25mm is a good upgrade from the standard packaged eyepiece.

Archived