NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy Ireland Star-B-Q 2012.

LukeSkywatcher

I am a member of Astronomy Ireland (by default) having bought my 8SE scope from them and i get 12 moinths subscription to their magazine.

Every year they hold an annual gathering/convention which involves lectures, stargazing session from a dark sky location and BBQ food and beverages included.

I have never attended, but this year in Sept, one of the guest speakers is none other then Pete Lawrence who will be giving a talk on the Aurora Borialis.

I dont think i want to miss that.

Being in a wheelchair, i dont hold much faith in being able to get to the dark sky observing location deep in the wicklow mountains, but Petes lecture on the Northern Lights should be brilliant.

I

I just grabbed the bull by the horns and booked a ticket.

15th Sept:

Lecture in Roundwood G.A.A club by Pete Lawrence on the Northern light (and i think also solar imaging).

BBQ food and refreshments

Stargazing session in the foothills of the Wicklow mountains with some monster scopes (provided by Astronomy Ireland)

If the weather turns against us, i'm sure we will all retire to thew Roundwood Inn for copius pints of beer.

Archived