Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WO ZS 66 SD APO - Which reducer/flattener?

Sp@ce_d

:grin: Just become the owner of a very nice William Optics Zenithstar ZS 66 SD APO & trying to work out which currently available Reducer/Flattener is best for use with my 1000D.

I think the Flat II was the original one recommended for this scope but thats discontinued.

WO are recommending the flat III for their f6 ZS 70 2012 however thier site also says it's for f7 - 7.5 ?? confusing...

I see a few generic ones Hotech, TS etc.. I'm trying to avoid costly mistakes, so I'm looking for a recommendation from anyone successfully using a currently available Red/Flattener with thiers.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I missed Coco's the other week. I got a GT-81 flattener from FLO.. only had a chance for a few lights so far but seems to do the trick. Still looking out for the Flat II though as I'd like to see how it performs with a reducer. Nice little scope the ZS66, I'm pleased with it... need to get the focuser to stay tight though.

Archived