NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to stop Skywatcher AZ GOTO from slewing

Nibor

Hi!

Hope someone can help:-

I am successfully running my AZ Goto using Stellarium.

To start slewing to an object I press control + 1 (the number of the telescope I set up) - BUT - how can I stop / cancel the slew once it has started??

I am sure that I was once able to do this but I now can't work out how.

Any ideas would be welcome.

I am using the latest Stellarium version 11.3.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

I have just set up Stellarium to control my new Celestron CG5 GT mount - seems to be working fine in daylight trials - but again the question is - How can I stop it slewing to an object if it looks as if, say, the tube is about to collide with one of the tripod legs?? - I am looking for a less "clunky" way than clicking on a "safe object" or asking it to park itself. Surely there is some command which will abhort a slew!! - Any advice appreciated - many thanks!!

I usually press a direction button on my hand control pad whitch stops the slew,this is on a celestron fork mounted scope though,also can set the min,max slew to stop scope going to low,not sure with stellarium other than selecting another object away from that direction.interesting 1,sure some1 will no.

Archived