Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guiding with Lodestar, quick one

SteveT

First attempt to test my guide setup using lodestar and ther gain is set to 40%, somehow i reduced it from the default of 95% the other day when i was tesing it on the bench. For somereason I cannot for the life of me find a way to reset it back to 95% as it is now "greyed out" in the camera interface. I dont remember how I set to down to 40% the other day either. The guiding works anywaybut i really want to find out how to alter the gain, must be a simple setting somewhere but there isno mention in any instructions I could find. Hopefully some king soul willput me out of my misery.

Thanks

Any ideas anyone, I have emailed SX for an answer but no idea what their response timescales will be. I wish I could remember what I did to change it in the first place but for the life of me cannot find a way to "ungrey" the gain setting now.

Hi Steve,

Dont know if this wil help but I guide with PHD and when I choose the camera within that software I then

get the gain screen come up to allow me to change it, So depending on the software you used to guide could you have

changed it in that.

Hope this is helpful.

Problem solved.I connected my Imaging Source camera to PHD and the gain was now adjustable, so I adjusted it back to 95%, then saved. I then changed the camera for the Lodestar and the gain was now "greyed out" but showing 95% in the background. Conclusion is in the absence of any other info - the IS camera allows you to alter the gain, the Lodestar does not, hence the parameter not available. What i dont know is if the greyed out gain value is effective or not relevant when the Lodestar is used. I assume the gain is either fixed or automatic.

Archived