Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which adapter?

Mich

I suspect you'll need a Nikon to T2 converter and then a T2 to 1.25" adapter.

However, it's possible that the telescope will not have enough inwards focuser travel to get the camera sensor to the image plane where it will be in focus. It may be possible to resolve that by adding a barlow between the focuser and the camera. I'd suggest you investigate that first.

James

That first one is a combined barlow and 1.25" to T2 adapter, but yes, I think that should do the job if it is possible. I'd personally go with a separate barlow for more flexibility, but you may be able to make a better judgement on that once you know if the camera can reach focus without the barlow, and failing that, if it can reach it with the barlow. Not much point splashing the cash if the telescope design makes it impossible to start with.

James

Ok i best go do a little more research first, I hope i'll be able to take pictures with this telescope! Was the first thing i got excited about when i ordered it!

If the DSLR won't reach focus it's entirely possible that a webcam will, or can be made to if you pick the right one, so you'd still be able to do some imaging. A DSLR would perhaps work better for the entire moon, but get a modded webcam and a barlow and you can be away and imaging moon craters, sun spots (given a suitable filter for the end of the scope), and Jupiter is back in the evening sky in the relatively near future, too.

James

Archived