nextar 4se power fault

hi i recently purchased a nexstar 4se

although with batterys it works fine i just purchased power lead(cigarette lighter socket type)and it does not work

ive tried another power lead and it is the same no power

anyone had this problem or any ideas on a fix

thanks

simon

I "think" that there is a bit of a known issue with these mounts in that the twin parts of the pin on the inside of the mount need to sometimes be gently pushed apart a fraction so that a good connection can be made with the power supply lead.

Cannot remember where I read this now (may have been on here), but worth a look before you go to the hassles of sending the unit back - also think that the "fix" suggested using a thin blade or edge and being very gentle in pushing the twin halves of the pin apart.

Haven't suffered this problem myself, but remember researching before purchasing my 5SE and finding this.

Chris

PS http://www.nexstarsi...erConnector.htm mentions a common hassle and suggests....

"In addition to ensuring you are using the right connector, it also helps to spread the two halves of the pin in the middle of the power socket on the scope's base. Be careful not to bend it too far or you may break one of the pins. Also be careful not to turn it as you may break the solder connection on the inside of the mount.

"

As Cjg states above, this is known issue and there is a quick fix as detailed. Have a quick check of that first before exploring the warranty and repair / replacement route. Just be careful not to bend it too far.

The connection on my Nexstar 11 GPS has always been loose but fortunately it does connect to the power so I did not have to make the minor adjustment.

Clear skies,

Archived