Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

In the begining....

boabsta

When I 1st got into looking at the sky, my freind suggested that to offset the initial cost we went halfs on a 200p on eq5. Would be £200 each and as we mainly observe together seemed like a good idea.

However, at the time I had my sw 130md and thought that will do for the moment. Then my mak came along and the 130 was promptly sold.

All of this had so far only cost me a tenner as I had bought and sold my way through a few scopes and still didnt fancy shelling out £200.

That was a couple of months ago and now in the perma cloud boredom I thought I would go on flo and do a quick total of how much I have spent on the current setup. £1324!

Honestly how did that happen? I wasnt wanting to spend 200 and ended up blowing that.

I will have to say tho that I think I now have everything I need. Well maybe a decent ccd.

Scary how it all adds up in the long (or short) run.

So please cloud, go away so I can finaly use some of this gear and stop me from spending out of boredom.

Oops just ordered a bathinov mask. £1344.

Oh and my freind still just looks through what Ive bought. Wise man!

Get the decent ccd, then you will need the guide scope and the guide camera (£700), assorted cables and a laptop, at least the software is free. :eek:

This hobby is a bit like the present theory of the universe, it will expand infinitely and moreover will accelerate in it's expansion. Just reword Expand for Expense. :grin: :grin:

Not sure if I have more money in scopes or eyepieces, either way it is pretty bad. :mad:

oops forgtot to add in laptop. Mrs wasnt too pleased when I told her that the processor on my old one wasnt up to the number crunching needed if I got into astro photography.

She threatened to crunch my numbers for me. But also I said I needed a decent battery life and my gaming lappy is spent after 20mins on battery and new 1 is good for 5 hours.

Already started thinking about guide scopes and even a 2nd dslr body just for astro.

Unfortuneatley with the schools on holiday now and baby sitters all away I dont get a chance to play poker at the mo so the funds drawer is empty.

Oh well, window shopping it is :grin:

Archived