Lagoon, Trifid and NGC6559...

ollypenrice

Only just found this post. Lovely job, and resonable short exposures too. I like the Ha joining the Lagoon to the Trifid, although I do think NGC6559 may have a little too much Ha in it. Personal tastes I guess. I have seen this in Ollys Dob and yes the Trifid is in 4 parts, no doubt about it.

Tom.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just found this post. Lovely job, and resonable short exposures too. I like the Ha joining the Lagoon to the Trifid, although I do think NGC6559 may have a little too much Ha in it. Personal tastes I guess. I have seen this in Ollys Dob and yes the Trifid is in 4 parts, no doubt about it.

Tom.

Cheers, Tom. The Ha signal around NGC6559 is incredibly strong. In fact I admit to having pulled it down a tad here because it was looking too flat and featureless,, but as an HaRGB image I think this is close to the truth. Gendler's shows blazing Ha there as well.

And cheers Paul. You and I have come to love and hate this part of the sky, methnks!!! Did you see Tom's Rho image? Pretty stupendous.

Olly

Archived