Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question about meteorite

Hi, I need help. I found something similar meteorite in the soil, approximate size is as coin for 20 cents, no smell, little magnetic, is not difficult. Brown area is decaying (when I touch or if it falls to the ground). In the middle where I cut, have shades as glitter. I have a photo. Sorry because I started a new topic and sorry for my bad english. :smiley:

Photo link: http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/80386961/file.html

Thank you :smiley:

No need to apologise for bad English or starting a topic. :)

If it isn't really magnetic it probably leads it to not being a meteorite.

By the looks of it with the holes and crumbly nature of it I'd say it looks more like volcanic rock of some kind.

It looks very similar to some rocks I picked up on Santorini. Any geoligists around that might know?

Is it heavy or light?

That's alright. :)

I think if it's light and not very magnetic then you can rule out meteorite for sure.

I couldn't say exactly what type of rock it is though, maybe someone else can.

As a meteorite collector, and I can tell you for sure that what you have is unfortunately not a meteorite. There has never been a meteorite found with the internal bubbles that your rock exhibits. A lot of rocks like that are slag from Victorian industrial operations. After years exposed to the elements, they look almost like natural rocks.

Archived