NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Bangalore, India

saptharishi

Hi Umasuthan!

I am too very new to this forum from Bangalore (Marathalli). I am planning to go with SW Equinox 80 ED on SW HEQ5 proGOTO. I will be more than :grin: if you please share few more details about your equipment's (have you already purchased?) as you know it's a bit difficult to get these instruments here and it costs Heaven :mad: .

Clear Skies,

Bappa

Perfectly true. It costs very much to buy things in India. I live in Pune and here also the costs are pretty high!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfectly true. It costs very much to buy things in India. I live in Pune and here also the costs are pretty high!

Hi farunj,

Can you please share the equipment's that you use? I will be travelling to UK this month (for official reason) and planning to get Equinox 80 ED while my return back to India. Don't know about customs duties (if applicable) any idea would be vary much appreciated, thanks

Clear Skies,

Bappa

Hello Umasuthan,

Greetings from the uk!

Like you I am just about begin (British weather permitting)! some practical Astronomy.

Will you be able to observe from Bangalore or will you have to leave the city?

Best wishes,

Paul.

Hello Umasuthan,

Greetings from the uk!

Like you I am just about begin (British weather permitting)! some practical Astronomy.

Will you be able to observe from Bangalore or will you have to leave the city?

Best wishes,

Paul.

Hello Paul, Bangalore is heavily polluted (light + air). We need to go outside the city for some decent observation. there are few clubs here which conduct star parties to some remote places (rarely though).

Preferred time being post-monsoon (i.e. Sept to Nov) as air has very less dust content and weather's also pleasant

Clear Skies,

Bappa

Hi farunj,

Can you please share the equipment's that you use? I will be travelling to UK this month (for official reason) and planning to get Equinox 80 ED while my return back to India. Don't know about customs duties (if applicable) any idea would be vary much appreciated, thanks

Clear Skies,

Bappa

As of now I use a Startracker system which I got from www.tejraj.com. I bought that nearly 3 years ago and now I am going to upgrade my scope to a SW 200p. This one has a larger aperture and will allow me to have better views of DSOs than my 5" scope. I had a very pleasant time with the Startracker scope and my interest in astronomy grew due to the awesome views I saw through that scope!!

I have a question though. What will you be using the scope for?? Will you be using it primarily for viewing??

As of now I use a Startracker system which I got from www.tejraj.com. I bought that nearly 3 years ago and now I am going to upgrade my scope to a SW 200p. This one has a larger aperture and will allow me to have better views of DSOs than my 5" scope. I had a very pleasant time with the Startracker scope and my interest in astronomy grew due to the awesome views I saw through that scope!!

I have a question though. What will you be using the scope for?? Will you be using it primarily for viewing??

This will be my second scope, I had an old (back at hometown) a 6" dob. I will be using Equinox 80 ED primarily for photography and some visual observation as well, good contrast optics is my primary concern. ED seems to fit the bill well. Though I am yet to get a decent eq. mount

How is your experiences with tejraj.com? I am planning to get my mount from them. SW 200p is well trusted scope, good choice :smiley: , only problem will be transport (IMO). I will be travelling a lot with my scope (out of compulsion :embarassed: .. Bangalore skies.. :embarassed: )

and yes, do you or any of your friend have experience ordering scope from abroad (US/UK) ? thanks

Clear Skies,

Bappa

This will be my second scope, I had an old (back at hometown) a 6" dob. I will be using Equinox 80 ED primarily for photography and some visual observation as well, good contrast optics is my primary concern. ED seems to fit the bill well. Though I am yet to get a decent eq. mount

How is your experiences with tejraj.com? I am planning to get my mount from them. SW 200p is well trusted scope, good choice :smiley: , only problem will be transport (IMO). I will be travelling a lot with my scope (out of compulsion :embarassed: .. Bangalore skies.. :embarassed: )

and yes, do you or any of your friend have experience ordering scope from abroad (US/UK) ? thanks

Clear Skies,

Bappa

Well tejraj is good, and I have not needed any maintenance for it! I have never ordered anything from abroad. So no experience there! The equinox 80 ed has a good reputation!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived