Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Bangalore, India

saptharishi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello RU and welcome to the SGL.

Iv'e been stargazing for some 50+ years now and still learning, thanks to these astronomy fourms.

What kind of observing equipment do you use, if any?

Hello Mr Q,

Thanks for the message. I have ordered for an SW Equinox ED 120. Looks like it will take 3-4 weeks to reach me. Still delibrating on the mount - HEQ5 Pro Vs EQ6 Pro. Have posted this question in the forum to see the recommendations from members.

Regards,

RU

Hi RU and a very warm welcome to SGL, that is one very nice scope you have on order, you should enjoy the views from a good dark sight in India, If you have a choice for the mount, then I think most will suggest you go for the EQ6, not only will it help if you want to go to the dark side, which is our fond term for imaging, but it will also be be very good if, after a while, you want to upgrade to a large reflector. Enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Welcome to SGL RU, if you want to image with the ED120 and who wouldn't it's a fantastic scope then I would stretch it a little and go for the EQ6. If you're purely interested in visual work then it's the HEQ5.

Strong the pull of the dark side is.

What are the skies like in India? I'm gonna be coming over to Bhuj in kutch in 2 weeks and really looking forward to the skies, I remember ink black skies in 1999 but I know a lot has changed

Hitesh, not sure about the Kutch region, but the Bangalore ones have a high degree of light pollution. We need to at least drive away at least 40 km to see a decently black sky. Since the monsoon is setting along the Arabian Sea coast, Kutch may be a bit cloudy

Archived