Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Doubling Celestron powertank capacity

jarbi

Hi Everyone,

This evening I was just fiddling around with the powertank, and I have discovered a possibility :D. When you look at the side with the big ( and almost never used ) clips, the cutout there has exactly the same length and width as a normal 18 Ah battery. Since the big cables are directly connected to the internal 17 Ah battery, I could just shorten the cables connecting the two batteries in parallel, fit my 18 Ah battery instead of the clips, and I have a 35 Ah power station 8).

For charging, I think I can just connect this system to a standard car charger ( as mentioned in another thread ), without switching the tank to 'charge' mode.

For illustration, I just made photos showing the second battery at the place where I intend to build it in. It will protrude about 2 cm, but that doesn't bother me much.

What do you think , is there a possible problem with this idea ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived