At last, my book arrives!

JamesF

Having ordered it almost three months ago, my copy of Kriege and Berry's "The Dobsonian Telescope" finally made it to SCS Astro and I picked it up on the way to collect the children from school this afternoon. I shall get a bit of reading done and then I think the new home for my 10" mirror can finally get under way.

James

I'm quite excited about it I have to admit. Initially I couldn't find anyone who had the book in stock. Green Witch had it advertised on their website but had sold their last copy the day before I ordered it and a number of places didn't even reply to my emails. Then Lee at Green Witch suggested SCS and as they're on the way to school I stopped off and ordered it from Kieran as he'd also sold his last one. Since mid-March it's been due to arrive "any time in the next couple of weeks" and whilst I've had a good read through the Stellafane site I've been forcing myself to hold off doing anything until the book arrived.

James

Mine's around f/5, so hopefully a comfortable height for sitting at. I was planning something smaller for my first self-built scope, but the mirror came up for sale and it seemed silly not to :) If this one works out well then I might look at stepping down a few inches and grinding my own mirror as well.

James

Archived