Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

June 2012 Lyrids

keeplookingup

Good day to you guys. Looking for some data

the june lyrids shower will peak on the 16th. HOwever I cannot find any data which tells me the peak "time".

I am in China and would like to know its UT.

Appreciated.

Clear Skies.

ps. the transit of Venus was superb!!

This shower is no longer in the International Meteor Organisation 'working list' but they have data for it in 2012 here http://www.imo.net/calendar/2012#jly . We never know if we may end up in the debris path again ! If the sky is clear & the moon does'nt interfere its worth a few hours in them dark on the sun lounger. Hope that this helps

hey wow thanks!

see? I have still a boat load of things to learn. Which is why I love this subject.

tonight actually seems it will be clear out. Amazingly if so. Because the sky in Beijing really is horrid at best.

I am about to ride north about 20-40 km north of here to see if i get lucky enough to catch any of these lyrids. I think I caught one the other night yet was not sure of its radiant.

anyway beijing's sky is so bad that one can view the sun without filters.

that is at sunset.

but today, as in only about 10% of the year is pretty clear. so off i go riding and viewing.

ill report back on what i see.

Archived