Camera adaptors

Hi

OK I am getting ahead of myself here I know only just having purchased my scope but I am wondering about adaptors/connectors for attaching cameras. Does anyone have experience of the Max DSLR 2 inch camera adaptor???

http://www.pulsar-optical.co.uk/prod/astro-engineering/astro-camera-adaptor/AC696-2inch%20to%20camera/DSLR.html

Can anyone compare it with the seemingly more usual T-ring set up? Pro's/cons etc?

Many thanks

Nick

Nick - it seems reasonable to have the Tmount & ring attached.

Only down side (I can think), is if you can't attach an eyepeice for projection photography.

There are a couple of makes (Baader Hyperion & ohh can't think of it now), that attach to the t-ring, with an adaptor ring.

I have a pair of the MaxDSLR mounts, a couple of T- Rings and other bits.. the MaxDSLR mounts work great. They are not one piece though, the Camera mount end has 3 grub screws that attach to the EP tube. I've also tried the EP projection route with my Hyperions and attachments, that works ok, but it's much harder than using a webcam or lunar/planetary camera.

Nick - it seems reasonable to have the Tmount & ring attached.

Only down side (I can think), is if you can't attach an eyepeice for projection photography.

There are a couple of makes (Baader Hyperion & ohh can't think of it now), that attach to the t-ring, with an adaptor ring.

Another is the Pentax XW Range, these and the Hyperions require a 43mm T- Ring, this screws on the veiwing end of the EP, the Camera screws onto that vie its 42mm T- Ring

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/baader-planetarium/baader-hyperion-eyepiece-t-adaptor-m43-t.html

Archived