NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Philips SPC900NC

Memory Bliss

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

This is my adventure with the SPC900NC webcam ordered from Malaysia :)

M package was delivered to my workplace but since I was not here it was rejected by our mailroom people and the postman had the brilliant idea to return the box to the sender (instead of keeping it in depot for 2 weeks as per tradition and mail services terms and conditions).

Thankfully it was sent back to the customs, in Dublin (a few hundreds miles away from where I live and work ;) ). Yesterday I've sent 2 emails to the post office and 2 emails to the customs and in the afternoon I've finally got an answer from the customs, saying that I would get the package again today. At 08:00 am the package was delivered again to my workplace (and collected). The box was obviously hijacked by the customs for control and eventually sealed again with some nice Revenue & Customs branded Sellotape.

The content of the box was in perfect condition and as per description: a brand new, unopened Philips SPC900NC webcam.

I have paid 69 euro (item + delivery) + 22 euro (23 % VAT + Handling Fees) that accounts for 91 euros for a rare new SPC900NC.

The negative side of the thing is that after I ordered this one, an eBay seller from Cork (where I live) was actually selling 10 of them for less then 90 euros :)

It's overall cheaper then many second hand astrocams sold on eBay even though I've seen some better deals around.

It's the first time I buy stuff from an asian website and, despite of the little glitch with the customs and delivery, it's been all fine overall. :police:

Now that I finally got this cam, all I need is just some clear skies :p:D :D

So if anyone is struggling to get an SPC900NC, that Malaysian website does work :)

Clear Skies :p

Archived