Prefered Gamepad Hand Controller

Any "should" work though there is a list I think on the EQMod site.

I personally shy away from wireless solutions, I've seen too many people with disconnection issues.

Mine is a Microsoft Xbox / PC Wired controller with about 9 feet of cable on it :)

Hi,

I use a speedlink wireless gamepad, as Stephen was saying people have problems and I was

no different mine did not want to play along.

But all came good when after some reading my problem was the way I was connecting to EQMOD.

You can only weigh up what people say then make your decision on that.

BigBlueOne.

I like the idea of a wireless but will probably go for the wired like Stephen has done, then trip over the wire knocking all eyepieces and laptop off table hitting my head on the mount and then throwing it away and ordering a wireless.

Kev.

Wireless is a pain when the pad disconnects - it's not a huge problem since it can be reinitialized in EDMod easy enough, it's just a pain. At the moment though, wireless is simply more convenient for me. I set my gear up outside, but my laptop is about 10 meters away setup in the conservatory, so when it comes to using the gamepad to nudge the scope a few mm in RA or Dec to frame my image, I'm inside in the warm :). If I had an obsy, I think I'd probably revert to wired.

In five years of use I've never had any connection problems at all with my logitech wireless rumblepad. Yes, the gamepad does enter a power save mode after a period if inactivity but a single button press will wake it up again (joystick moves won't do this) without any need to re-initialise the interface.

Chris.

In five years of use I've never had any connection problems at all with my logitech wireless rumblepad. Yes, the gamepad does enter a power save mode after a period if inactivity but a single button press will wake it up again (joystick moves won't do this) without any need to re-initialise the interface.

Chris.

I use the Xbox gampad. Maybe it's just the way the Xbox controller and its dongle interface to each other. But when the controller powers down, and I press the Xbox Guide button to re-enable it, it is not usable in EQmod until I re-initialise it in EQmod.

I use the Xbox gampad. Maybe it's just the way the Xbox controller and its dongle interface to each other. But when the controller powers down, and I press the Xbox Guide button to re-enable it, it is not usable in EQmod until I re-initialise it in EQmod.

You're not the only one with that issue on an XBox controller which is why I raised it above ;)

You're not the only one with that issue on an XBox controller which is why I raised it above ;)

Hehehe, I was beginning to think it was me doing something wrong - which is not exactly unheard of! :). TBH, the main problem I find with the Xbox gamepad is the rubbish DPad. For slewing the mount and er, games! :)

I knew there was a reason to keep hold of the Xbox wired controller for pc.....Now to just spend a bit of time tinkering as Ive never used Eqmod or the Ascom platform before!!

Honestly, EQMod is great. I don't even have an obsy, and I wouldn't use anything else now ....

Archived