Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Monopods - Any Use For Astro?

Alan_B

I am considering buying a monopod for use with my bins.

This one is my current favourite :embarrassed: Manfratto MN681B

31iBk0ww5CL.jpg

Has anyone used these for astronomy - All comments well appreciated

Thanks for the link - It seems that I will also need a trigger grip to perhaps gain a bit of height any thoughts on these? Manfratto do one similar to the one depicted in the link, however they seem to be discontinuing them in favour of the RC2 type which aren't as tall

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

I use one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Aluminium-Camera-Monopod-Footrest/dp/B000M342TA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339104913&sr=8-2 it's a lot better than the £10 price tag suggests (plus another £10 for a good solid L bracket). Eliminates a lot of shake but is extremely portable. The only drawback I've found is that it's not easy to put the bins down once the monopod is attached.

Doesn't it have quick release plate ? Suppose not if no head fitted just L bracket

The Triton ball head trigger grip seems to get good reviews may consider on of those

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Archived