Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

x box cam mod

boabsta

I have had a look through the forums and used the search function to try and find out the easiest was to mod the xbox cam for astro use. The results have pickled my head so can someone please explain it to me as someone who realy doesnt have a clue. Please.

Easy to mod here simple diagram

picture.php?albumid=1748&pictureid=14660

First unscrew lens, then you can once lens removed get some tubing thaty same size of eyepiece for your make telescope and attach the tube to xbox case bit glue do it or bit strong tape.

make sure no glue goes on imaging sensor.

little flat head along the led's slightly clip them out cos dont need them they just produce lot heat.

if you want to leave red ir filter in place

then just attach to telescope and use software like sharpcap/ astrocapture/ so on

or just unscrew the board from casing and other 2 screws and remove the housing for original lens and the ir filter shud slide out.

the screw housing back in

you can buy the proper astro camera adapter that they sell and it fit in cam.

where you just screw onto cam where original lens went.

i myself just make me own tubing.

you can use as skycam or with telescope remember to remove orginal lens unless you want to do A-focal lens to lens.

picture.php?albumid=1748&pictureid=17031

This is how we xbox cam users first modded cam for telescope use

we just pushing camera more and more if keep reading thread like adding coolers fans to cam so on.

Easyest way just read thread from beginning below link

http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=170747

Cheers cliff. Was hoping there was a unscrew then screw fitment I could use. Might have a go at the full mod as it only cost me £2 of fleabay.

Off topic it is nice to see someone who still has decks. I am still a vynil man myself :hello2:

Cheers cliff. Was hoping there was a unscrew then screw fitment I could use. Might have a go at the full mod as it only cost me £2 of fleabay.

Off topic it is nice to see someone who still has decks. I am still a vynil man myself :hello2:

Do have me decks like and mp3 controller :)

use mp3 controller more than decks these days.

Archived