Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skyliner 200p - A few pics

Hi everyone,

Everything but my Telrad has now arrived for my 200p and I have all of it put together so I thought I would share some pics :(.

First one is the whole scope with dew shield. Next is the flocking on inside of scope. Last one shows my solar filter on top.

Thanks for looking

Sion

post-33557-133877782036_thumb.jpg

post-33557-133877782042_thumb.jpg

post-33557-133877782047_thumb.jpg

It was ok. I took the primary mirror off the bottom and slid one of my pieces down the side opposite focuser. I then cut the next one to fit in what was left, cutting out pieces for the focuser. Lastly I lined the draw tube with some. I would say it is a two person job but if you cut it into smaller pieces it should be manageable on your own.

Sion

I found pinning it with clothes pegs worked well. Then just peel an inch or so off of the backing and get it stuck straight, then just work your way round folding back an inch at a time and removing the pegs as you go. :(

The other end cant be pegged because it doesnt reach but you can butt the edge against the previously installed sheet to get it square.

Also, i stripped the tube completely, no primary, secondary, bearings, or focuser. Made it much easier.

Also, i stripped the tube completely, no primary, secondary, bearings, or focuser. Made it much easier.

I read that it was easier to do it that way but I didn't trust myself to put it all back together properly :(

Archived