Cannon Liveview ??

Cannon 110D, Anybody know what Magnitude this will display on the live view screen, its fine with the bright stars, but can't see anything when viewing M29 that's mag 6.6 but has a shed load of other stars none of these were showing, have tried upping the ISO to 64k still nothing, and X5 and X10...still blank....???

Only the brightest stars will show on the liveview screen. Best to centre a bright star and do your focussing. Then, after careful alignment, use the finder to centre your chosen target - or a nearby star - and then take a few short "subs" (15 secs?) to get the alignment right.

I know magic lantern runs on 1100D as well now, just not sure if it also now have the 4FPS movie shooting mode like the 550D. But it's worth to look up. The 4FPS mode made it a Whole lot easier to find and place the target where i wanted it on the 550D at least. For a change, not only the brightest stars showed up, but the whole sky!

If you're shooting with a camera and telephoto lens not through your scope, when you've sorted focus in the liveshooting box in EOS Utility don't forget to switch the lens to MF or the camera will undo all your careful work and try and autofocus itself.

If you're shooting with a camera and telephoto lens not through your scope, when you've sorted focus in the liveshooting box in EOS Utility don't forget to switch the lens to MF or the camera will undo all your careful work and try and autofocus itself.

Prime Focus only....:(

I took a peek at HIP 99 last night, its nothing special variable Red, about 3k LY away, but in Liveview i found a Star to focus on and i think it was HIP 181 a 6.75 Mag, anybody want to confirm, HIP 99 between Caph(HIP 746) and NGC 7790 should stand out ok, HIP 181 was NE in the Liveview.

Archived