Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6 value

ampleamp

How much would you expect to pay for a good condition EQ6 Synscan (3.27) with tripod? There are a few wanted adverts on ABS but no offers so I am just looking for a sensible indication.

Thanks, Alistair

My general rule would be to pay about 60% for perfect used astro kit but Apo refractors and EQ sixes are likely to beat that. (Shame!)

Worth bearing in mind that spares are expensive so a failed handset or motherboard (I've had both) would be a blow out of warranty.

Olly

Whatever you decide to sell (or are you buying?) for, don't forget that courier costs can be a large and unwelcome extra. It's worth working out how many boxes will be in the consignment, what they each weigh and getting some quotes for P&P.

Thanks guys, and to those who have pm'd.

I will be selling one, but not just yet as I still have some use for it, ?. I truly had no clue as to what it would be worth, hence the question, and had no desire to appear either foolish for letting it go too cheap, nor too greedy if I over-estimated.

Thanks all.

Ebay will tell you what it's worth. Only problem is that you won't see that amount yourself. The older, black ones seem to go quite cheaply (less than £400), the newer NEQ6s for £700-ish and the older EQ6s for a little less.

Ebay will tell you what it's worth. Only problem is that you won't see that amount yourself. The older, black ones seem to go quite cheaply (less than £400), the newer NEQ6s for £700-ish and the older EQ6s for a little less. Try searching the archive on ABS and see what you find there. Good luck!

2/3 - 3/4 of the new price for something relatively recent in good condition holds true for most stuff. Given the weight of a mount and cost of postage, your location in relation to areas of population density (and thus demand) may affect what you can charge.

Archived